Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Great blogs of FIRE!

(a short note on blogging as the ads on my page keep promoting blogging, I may as well jot down a few notes about blogging.)

I've been writing this blog for nearly a month now and happily, others have joined me in blogging out their experiences.

It'll be quite obvious that most of my posts are about blogging, earning money through blogs, current events, and occassional news commentaries. I am journalist by trade and not a techie, though at least two techies have visited my blog (Randy Morin and no less than the President of Feedburner dropped by to post a comment on one or two of my concerns).

Hah! Would you believe that, this blog community is really great and if only for the kindness of strangers at Blogspot as well as the entire blogging community, I'd delete my friendster account. (I wonder if friends circle is any better?)

As I had told Jane Subang earlier today through a text message or SMS, blogging makes me feel like a newspaper publisher and it really thrills me no end to find out that my visit counter has logged another 40 or more visits a day.

Yesterday was SONA day, President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo's 2nd State of the Nation Address, and for some reason I got dozens of visits because of yahoo searches. I kept turning up in searches for "President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo 2005 SONA" because I had posted a couple of commentaries on the SONA. The lesson here is that the probability of getting visits increases when you post something that is related to a big news item and SONA was huge here in the Philippines. The only problem I have is that it didn't produce a lot of click throughs, perhaps the ads weren't relevant. Oh well! Can someone please tell me how to get either higher paying ads or ads that are more relevant to my freshest posts?

I've been advised to write to the people at Google Adsense to request changes in the ads that keep showing up, but I wonder how it would turn out and how often I can ask them to change my ad preferences.

Oh, and by the way, I do have to credit Feedburner for a slight increase in the traffic I am getting. You better sign up with them if you want to get serious about blogging. Jane has promised to sign up after I told her about it. Others will follow too, I suppose.

Right now, I am not so much into blogging for money, but I am blogging as a journalist would chronicle ongoing news events of great importance.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...