Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Every wonder why your Meralco electric bill is so high?

It was Ding Gagelonia's post about Meralco's voltage that got me writing this post.

According to Ding's post about the complaint of a certain Robert Young.

"Do you know Meralco is allowed to supply us power with voltage range of 207-253 volts?  One time a Whirlpool technician tested thee voltage at my place and it registered 265 volts. Appliance can get fried at high voltage, specially electronics like computers. Attached is a letter from Meralco regarding my complaint."



For some time now, I've been using voltage regulators for a number of appliances and I've noticed that the voltage in our house swings between 200 volts and 250 volts instead of remaining at 220 volts.

Most of the day, our voltage at home hovers between 230 and 240 volts.

Now, the question on my mind is whether this has an effect on our electric meter.  Does a higher voltage make our electric meter run faster?  If so, isn't this a rather bad way for Meralco to make money by getting its consumers to consume more electricity unintentionally?

This, of course, is not to mention the number of appliances in our house which have already conked out.

I wonder if the electric meters at ABS-CBN run as fast?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...