In order to prevent and mitigate the effects of disasters, here are six steps that any community in the Philippines can use to plan and prepare for disasters.
(1) Predict possible threats in the community;
(2) Plan what to do in times of disasters;
(3) Prepare the community for what it would need;
(4) Practice or conduct first aid trainings and emergency evacuation drills;
(5) Report instantly pertinent information about the disaster to LGUs, the Red Cross, and other authorities;
(6) Respond immediately to those in need.