Section 48. Prohibited Acts - The following acts are prohibited:
(1) Littering, throwing, dumping of waste matters in public places, such as roads, sidewalks, canals, esteros or parks, and establishment, or causing or permitting the same;
(2) Undertaking activities or operating, collecting or transporting equipment in violation of sanitation operation and other requirements or permits set forth in established pursuant;
(3) The open burning of solid waste;
(4) Causing or permitting the collection of non-segregated or unsorted wastes;
(5) Squatting in open dumps and landfills;
(6) Open dumping, burying of biodegradable or non-biodegradable materials in flood prone areas;
(7) Unauthorized removal of recyclable material intended for collection by authorized persons;
(8) The mixing of source-separated recyclable material with other solid waste in any vehicle, box, container or receptacle used in solid waste collection or disposal;
(9) Establishment or operation of open dumps as enjoined in this Act, or closure of said dumps in violation of Sec. 37;
(10) The manufacture, distribution or use of non-environmentally acceptable packaging materials;
(11) Importation of consumer products packaged in non-environmentally acceptable materials;
(12) Importation of toxic wastes misrepresented as "recyclable" or "with recyclable content";
(13) Transport and dumplog in bulk of collected domestic, industrial, commercial, and institutional wastes in areas other than centers or facilities prescribe under this Act;
(14) Site preparation, construction, expansion or operation of waste management facilities without an Environmental Compliance Certificate required pursuant to Presidential Decree No. 1586 and this Act and not conforming with the land use plan of the LGU;
(15) The construction of any establishment within two hundred (200) meters from open dumps or controlled dumps, or sanitary landfill; and
(16) The construction or operation of landfills or any waste disposal facility on any aquifer, groundwater reservoir, or watershed area and or any portions thereof.
Section 49. Fines and Penalties -
(a) Any person who violates Sec. 48 paragraph (1) shall, upon conviction, be punished with a fine of not less than Three hundred pesos (P300.00) but not more than One thousand pesos (P1,000.00) or render community service for not less than one (1) day to not more than fifteen (15) days to an LGU where such prohibited acts are committed, or both;
(b) Any person who violates Sec. 48, pars. (2) and (3), shall, upon conviction be punished with a fine of not less than Three hundred pesos (P300.00) but not more than One thousand pesos (P1,000.00) or imprisonment of not less than one (1) day but to not more than fifteen (15) days, or both;
(c) Any person who violates Sec. 48, pars. (4), (5), (6) and (7) shall, upon conviction, be punished with a fine of not less than One thousand pesos (P1,000.00) but not more than Three thousand pesos (P3,000.00) or imprisonment of not less than fifteen (15) day but to not more than six (6) months, or both;
(d) Any person who violates Sec. 48, pars (8), (9), (10) and (11) for the first time shall, upon conviction, pay a fine of Five hundred thousand pesos (P500,000.00) plus and amount not less than five percent (5%) but not more than ten percent (10%) of his net annual income during the previous year.
The additional penalty of imprisonment of a minimum period of one (1) year but not to exceed three (3) years at the discretion of the court, shall be imposed for second or subsequent violations of Sec. 48, pars. (9) and (10).
(e) Any person who violates Sec. 48, pars. (12) and (13) shall, upon conviction, be punished with a fine not less than Ten thousand pesos (P10,000.00) but not more than Two hundred thousand pesos (P200,000.00) or imprisonment of not less than thirty (30) days but not more than three (3) years, or both;
(f) Any person who violates Sec. 48, pars. (14), (15) and (16) shall, upon conviction, be punished with a fine not less than One hundred thousand pesos (P100,000.00) but not more than One million pesos (P1,000,000.00), or imprisonment not less than one (1) year but not more than six (6) years, or both.
If the offense is committed by a corporation, partnership, or other juridical identity duly recognized in accordance with the law, the chief executive officer, president, general manager, managing partner or such other officer-in-charge shall be liable for the commission of the offense penalized under this Act.
If the offender is an alien, he shall, after service of the sentence prescribed above, be deported without further administrative proceedings.
The fines herein prescribed shall be increased by at lest ten (10%) percent every three (3) years to compensate for inflation and to maintain the deterrent functions of such fines.
Section 50. Administrative Sanctions - Local government officials and officials of government agencies concerned who fail to comply with and enforce rules and regulations promulgated relative to this Act shall be charged administratively in accordance with R.A. 7160 and other existing laws, rules and regulations