Wednesday, January 19, 2011

O Inday!

...So Inday Espina Varona tells me that she wants to meet up for coffee last week...

Coffee with the head of "Bayan Mo, Ipatrol Mo", former Chair of the National Union of Journalists of the Philippines (NUJP), Editor In Chief of the Philippine Graphic, founder of Dateline Philippines, and I'd assume other positions in other prestigious publications.

I have to admit, I was bowled over and was excited to meet her.

On Facebook and Twitter, she usually shares a lot of very interesting articles and the humor that comes through from her posts/status updates is something that I look forward to.  In some ways, she reminds me of a former boss -- Jane Subang -- who's also Waray and whose humor never fails to crack me up.

And humor, something which defines our humanity in a Star Trek sort of way, is a gift considering what Inday has gone through and come out of with a smile on her face.

That humor, I think, makes it easy for her to tolerate the more passionate (frothing in the mouth) agenda driven people on the internet.

I've been down that road before and I know just how painful the drawbacks can be -- especially if you're using your real name.

Anyway, the actual conversation with Inday ranged from life on FB and Twitter as well as BMPM and how it functions as the larger community of ABS-CBN News.

We talked about the weird weather around the world and in the Philippines --- flooding in Palawan!?!

Anyway, I guess the conversation on Twitter and FB will be more interesting after this.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...