Thursday, May 31, 2012

CJ Corona's Coviction

So much has already been said about the conviction of Chief Justice Renato Corona on Second Article of Impeachment and I doubt there is anything more that I can add to the hundreds of thousands or millions of words that have filled the internet by now.

After all, what is my opinion worth?

As I've probably said before, I basically see myself as a kibitzer in what I perceive to be a power game between political juggernauts.

Despite grounding the main accusation on "betrayal of public trust", I don't think all of the people involved in the "trial" could be accused and found guilty of scrupulously following a principled path.

Which, then, makes me think... What would be the reason to celebrate or grieve over?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...