Thursday, July 01, 2010

Pnoy says: You're my boss

If there is one thing I've learned about President Benigno Noynoy Aquino III's rise to power, it is this: Pandering and flattery can get you to the highest office of the land.

For a citizen to be told by his President, the highest and most powerful leader of his land, that he is THE BOSS is pure flattery.
Sure, it's a quotable quote but it stinks like boiled horseshit.

It's just as bad as telling a bald man he has a great hair do or a guy with fish-lips that he has a great smile.

Can you imagine me, an ordinary citizen, calling PNoy and telling him to do thing for me?  Like, can I tell him to discipline the jeepney drivers who have turned the corner of G. Tuazon and Blumentritt Ext in Sampaloc, Manila into a parking lot?

Can I expect some action if I send him an e-mail or a private message about it on Facebook?

The Philippine Daily Inquirer's story "KAYO ANG BOSS KO" was soaked in the emotional drivel that characterized much of Aquino's inaugural ceremony.

One particular kernel which was probably written and inserted by Mr. Gil Cabacungan's editor is, "It was a speech without the usual abstract platitudes but replete with must-do things."

What?!

Did we both listen to the same speech?  Most of it was rehashed fluff from his campaign speeches.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...